The Davis Family

The Davis Family

Friday, October 15, 2010

Lots going on!


Hi Everyone!
We've had such a busy couple of weeks! Sunday before last, one of my best friends set up appointments for me to take pictures of 5 families whose sitting fees were donated to our church for the adoption. ALL money from my photography business from now until the baby comes will go towards the adoption. The sitting fees can be written to the church so that it's a tax deductible donation. Time to take pictures for your Christmas cards! Anyway, I am so appreciative to those that were a part of the shoot on Sunday. I spent all last week getting ready for the French Market at church and the yard sale. Both were successful! Thank you so much to all that donated time and items!! A friend of mine told me that I needed to put a picture of the items that I sold at the French Market so I've attached one. I have lots of inventory left. I'm hoping to have a another booth set up soon for a mom's night out at a school here in Franklin. I'll let you know! I'll also be set up at a friend's home in Franklin during a jewelry sale on October 26th at 10:00am-12:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm. Let me know if you're interested in coming, and I will give you more info.

In other news, we are now going to be using an additional agency in Indiana. I got an email from a college friend who is going through them. There are several babies needing families right now. The first of them is due on December 28th. We are getting our profiles together quickly because they are already showing the birth moms the profiles. Who knows? We could have a baby a lot sooner than we think! We're not getting our hopes up, though. If one of those babies is not the one God has chosen for us, then we will wait patiently. God has already been so evident in so much that has happened this week. We continue to put all of this in His hands and rest in the fact that He has a plan for our family.

We went to more adoption training last night in Kentucky. Lots of information to absorb! One thing that really stood out to us was the fact that we have to throw our "Baby Wise" book away! This will be hard for us because it worked so well with Hudson, but our new baby will need to be nurtured in such a different way. This nurturing also includes that fact that no one should help take care of the baby for at least the first 3 months but 6 months is recommended. This is important for the baby's attachment to us. We have so much help with all our family so that will be hard! However, we'll need lots of help taking care of Hudson, while we take care of the baby.

We have had so much support already and are so thankful for it! 90 puzzles pieces have been bought. There are 1,410 to go though, so we would love for anyone who doesn't have one yet to get one and be a part of this gift for our baby. If you are reading our blog for the first time and don't know about the puzzle, be sure to read our first post! Thank you again for all the love, prayers, and support!

Much Love,
Andrea (Adam and Hudson, too!)






1 comment:

  1. The picture is actually a few samples. I have a lot more stuff!

    ReplyDelete