The Davis Family

The Davis Family

Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Been A While!

Hi Friends,

It's been a while since I've posted so I thought I would give an update on what's going on with us. After what happened to us in December, we decided to start over with a new agency. We are now going through Heart to Heart in Sandy, Utah. They are EXTREMELY thorough with birth moms and adoptive families. We are very pleased with them. We received our approval from them a couple of weeks ago so our profile is now being shown. We know of one birth mom who is being induced with a baby boy on March 22 that is looking over profiles, including ours, this weekend. It will be a long weekend! We'll hear either way next week. We're just going to try to keep our minds off of it. Send some prayers our way, PLEASE!!

I also wanted to share a new fund raising idea I have and how you can be a part of it! We are panicking a little about the financial part of this so I'm trying to get creative. Just to give you an understanding of the situation...if we are chosen for this baby that will be induced on the 22nd, we will owe $15,000.00 next week and $20,000-$22,000, after the baby is born. I don't think the reality of that has sunk in all the way, but I know I need to be more pro-active right now. So here's my idea...I would like for as many people that are willing to participate to send me a picture for a photo contest. Originally, I was only going to do this with my clients, but now I've decided to let anyone who wants to, to participate. I will upload all the pictures onto an album on Facebook. Each picture will be assigned a number and have a link to the blog at the bottom. Your friends and family can cast a vote for their favorite picture (which I'm sure will be yours :)) for $1.00. They can cast as many votes as they want to. When they pay through Pay Pal, they can just put what number they are voting for in the instructions. Whoever has the most votes, wins either a free sitting fee or an 11x14 Gallery Wrap (canvas) of their photo. Obviously, if you don't live here, you'll want the Gallery Wrap. If I have taken the picture that you want to use, just let me know which one. Otherwise, email it to andrea@andreadavisphotography.com. You HAVE TO HAVE the rights to your picture, if it gets printed. If you have any friends who are interested in participating, let me know. They just need to be on Facebook.

Thanks so much for keeping up with our journey! Email me a photo ASAP, if you want to be in the contest. The more the better!!

Lots of Love,
Andrea

P.S. We are still selling puzzle pieces for $5.00, if you want to be a part of that!






No comments:

Post a Comment